I was going to teach myself how to make pies this weekend, but these Jam Muffins from Back in the Day Bakery: Made With Love happened instead. No regrets.
Here are five things on my mind this Sunday:
- We are still three weeks from the first day of summer and Nick and I talked about how excited we are for fall this morning. All I can think about are apple orchards and cans of pumpkin.
- I've had the same pair of socks on my knitting needles since the end of January, and I'm focused on getting them done and off before I go to Tampa Tuesday so I can start something full of stockinette or garter. Lord help me, a business trip and a flight (eep).
- Why is it that, no matter how many times I clean, I never get all the crumbs? It's like they hide until I throw away the paper towel and then all hell breaks loose.
- At some point over the last year I became a serious, mega coffee drinker. Today I've had three cups; yesterday I had coffee after lunch, like a totally normal person. I went from never touching the stuff to buying a subscription to Counter Culture. Adulthood.
- My living room needs to be furnished ASAP. Everyday I see it and realize just how bad it is, and everyday I ignore it. I'm making it a goal to at least buy furniture this summer. That's not too hard, right?
In other news, I finished my Heather Ross Modern Building Blocks quilt around midnight last Saturday. I thought about taking pictures but I think I'd rather wait until it's 100% done--bound and all--to reveal it. I'm so excited to have it quilted. I ordered fabric Friday night and will probably drop it off next weekend. Hang tight!